I’m a big fan of anything that reveals how the brain works, and particularly how the brain works in relation to ‘focus’. With that in mind (no pun intended), see how you get on with these 13 questions.
Answers in the comments below.
1. What relation is your niece’s brother to you?
2. How many birthdays does the average man have?
3. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
4. Is it legal for a man in Scotland to marry his widow’s sister?
5. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
6. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have ?
7. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour. How many minutes would the pills last?
8. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
9. How many pairs of animals did Moses take on the ark?
10. How many two pence stamps are there in a dozen?
11. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
12. Note: This must be done in your head. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator.
Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
13. Mary’s father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?