At the weekend I got to tick another item off my the now list – Quad Biking! I think it’s fair to say that in my head I had this image of thundering through the British Countryside on a massively powerful four-wheeled machine, the wind in my hair, the smell of farmland, scorched jeans, and sizzling leg hair in my nostrils. As there were two places available I dragged along me ol’ pal Rob. Never one to miss an opportunity to set me straight, he warned me that the reality might be a little different. The word ‘sedate’ may have been used. Possibly even the word ‘boring’. The truth is though, I’ve never been a big fan of fast moving vehicles or any activity that has the possibility of being my last. Whilst Rob can’t wait to hurtle round in circles on an engine that sounds like it might explode under him at any moment – I’m quite happy to take my ‘speed’ on the ‘sedate’ and ‘boring’ side, if I can have it mixed with something a little more interesting than tyres or bails of hay to look at. To me that nudges the experience nicely into the category of ‘fun’. Which is exactly what the morning turned out to be. An hours ride, across fields and through woodland, on the back of a machine that had aspirations of growing into a tractor. Which reminds me, I still want to drive a tractor. ANYWAY, here are a few pictures from the day – if you’re reading this in your email just click the link to view them on facebook.
In no particular order (and with apologies for the lack of punctuation and spelling) my Now List currently looks like this…
- See ‘The Woman in Black’ – sit near the stage
- Get close to monkeys
- And dolphins
- And seals
- And otters
- Take my friend DD to see Imogen Heap
- Enjoy the experience of living in warmer climate
- tai chi
- get friends round and play cranium
- try a flotation tank
- see the four-act version of The Importance Of Being Earnest
- own, or have access to, a boat.
- Drive a tractor
- Drive a quad bike
- Estuary Boat trip – see my house from the water
- get myself on Saturday Kitchen as a star guest
- Dinner with imogen heap.
- Work with steven moffet.
- And richard curtis
Holidays / Places to visit
- Rome again
- Go back to Sorento
- visit Hong Kong
- go round the world (in a westerly direction)
- visit oregan
- Visit the cook islands (and stay for a long, long time)
- Visit the remote parts of france.
- Skiathos – stay in a cottage somewhere inland? Away from the beaches. Hire a moped to get around.
- visit jersey
- Proper narrow boat holiday through the countryside of Birmingham
- visit the minack theatre (August – September)
- make harissa paste
- Go to a pop-up restaurant (supper club)
- eat deep fried crickets or some other food from the night time food market in Beijing (best do this quick, before I go veggie)
Post your Now List in the comments section below