Earlier this month I joined the delightful Michelle Ward of Phoenix98 FM to discuss ‘happiness’, and to answer your happiness related questions.
This month’s questions were…
- How do I control my uncontrollable rage when people do not follow my legitimate instructions?
- How do you achieve a healthy work/life balance? As in, how can you effectively balance work and home life, especially when you work from home?
- How can I be happy with my diet when I can’t afford lobster and fillet steak each day?
- I want to change my life completely; my job, my looks, etc. Where do I start on such a monumentous task?
- How do I get an octopus into a paper bag?
- I would like to know Peter’s tips for staying focused on goals, and for being organised when the path is full of obstacles.
- Why is Peter Jones’ name a mash up of the names of two of the band members of The Monkees?
To listen to the show click the big play button in the image below (or if you’re reading this in an email, click here)
How To Start Dating And Stop Waiting (mentioned throughout the show) is due out February 2014, How To Eat Loads And Stay Slim is available, now, in three formats.
If you have a question for next month’s show feel free to drop me a line, post a comment below, tweet either myself or Michelle, or send me a message on facebook. We’ll get through as many as we’re able.
Michelle’s live on Phoenix FM every weekday from 10am.
To listen to other radio interviews (and audio content) about How To Eat Loads And Stay Slim click here
You’ll remember that one of my favourite quotes is this:-
Everything will be all right in the end.
If it’s not all right,
it’s not the end.
I’m quite fond of quotes. Here are some others that strike a chord with me.
- We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
- War does not determine who is right — only who is left.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
- I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just want pay cheques.
- You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive more than once.
- Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
- Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
- A diplomat is someone who tells you to go to hell in such a way that you look forward to the trip.
- Hospitality is making your guests feel at home even when you wish they were.
- Always take life with a grain of salt. Plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila.
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- Never let a fool kiss you and never let a kiss fool you.
- To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit ‘the target’.
Feel free to share some of your favourite quotes in the comments below or on the facebook page.