You’ll remember that one of my favourite quotes is this:-
Everything will be all right in the end.
If it’s not all right,
it’s not the end.
I’m quite fond of quotes. Here are some others that strike a chord with me.
- We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
- War does not determine who is right — only who is left.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
- I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just want pay cheques.
- You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive more than once.
- Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
- Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
- A diplomat is someone who tells you to go to hell in such a way that you look forward to the trip.
- Hospitality is making your guests feel at home even when you wish they were.
- Always take life with a grain of salt. Plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila.
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- Never let a fool kiss you and never let a kiss fool you.
- To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit ‘the target’.
Feel free to share some of your favourite quotes in the comments below or on the facebook page.