If you’re a long time visitor to this blog you’ll know that this year I’ve run numerous How To Do Everything And Be Happy workshops in various parts of Essex.
I think it’s safe to say that the workshops went down a storm, and I’m delighted to announce that using the invaluable feedback I received, Southend’s Therapy Life Centre and I will be running a series of monthly Happiness workshops – starting in January 2013 – to coincide with the re-launch of the paperback.
Six Workshops of ‘Happiness Planning’ to Kick Start Your New, Happier Life – starting January 2013
If you’re a big-reader of self-help then you’ll probably be familiar with workshops, seminars, and the like. Large halls packed with badge wearing delegates, all facing the stage and podium in readiness for a motivational speaker who will cause you to question everything you believe, shake the foundations of all you hold dear, and force you to reconsider every assumption you’ve ever made.
This isn’t one of those workshops.
‘How to Do Everything and Be Happy’ is a workshop for ordinary people, with ordinary lives. It’s for anyone who may have been ambling through life and wondering why they’re not – well – just that little bit happier. It’s a workshop for most people. It’s a workshop for you!
If you’ve got a brain in your head, if you can pick up a pen, if you’ve got half an inkling about what makes you smile, this series of workshops will show you how to fit those things into your life and, as a consequence, feel much, much happier.
Each month we’ll spend the first hour looking at a different idea from the book How To Do Everything and Be Happy and how to implement it into your life, whether that be Boxing Day, Wish List, Now Lists, Focus, Trophy Boards, or Diaries. Then after a short tea-break (biscuits provided – probably, if I remember) we’re back, looking at your Goals, how far you’ve got with them and how you can take the next step towards achieving them.
Is it a workshop? Or a course? It’s a “club”.
This is a brand new format based on feedback from previous workshops.
Technically it’s a series of six stand-alone, related, repeating, workshops (when we get to workshop number six we’ll start afresh the following month). You can come along to just one, a series of six, or every month, it’s totally your choice.
The evening will have more of a club-feel to it making the whole experience less “rushed”, more intensive, and introducing a strong focus on helping you achieve your goals as the months roll by.
It’s a fun way to get motivated and fired up about making changes in your life, whilst being practical, realistic and keeping your feet firmly on the floor.
How much does it cost?
The cost is just £60 for six sessions (if you pay in advance – see below), or £12 per session if you pay on the night.
Where and when?
Workshops are on the last Thursday of each month and last two hours (including a ten minute break around half time).
The club starts on January 24th 2013
We start promptly at 8pm (so maybe get there about 7:45? Put that in your diary).
We meet at The Therapy Life Centre, in Southend On Sea, Essex. (the old driving test centre) – there is reasonable parking.
The address is 11 Prittlewell Chase, Southend-on-Sea, SS0 0RX
The nearest station is Prittlewell (just fifteen minutes walk away) which is on the Liverpool Street – Southend Victoria line.
Sign Up and Pay!
The cost is just £60 for six sessions (if you pay in advance), or £12 per session if you pay on the night.
There are three ways to pay in advance
- In person at the Therapy Life Centre. Click here for opening hours.
- Over the phone with a credit or debit card. Call 01702 433959. Click here for opening hours.
- Pay here via credit / debit card and/or paypal!
Refunds & General Terms
- Workshop credits can be carried forward – you do not have to attend six concurrent workshops
- If you wish to transfer your credits to another person please let us know first
- Payments via the internet will appear as “soundhaven” on your statement
- Refunds will not be issued at a workshop and must be requested in the manner the original payment was made (ie. in person, over the phone, or via this website)
- We reserve the right to charge a £2 admin fee to cover the cost of processing refunds
- In the event that you cannot make six workshops we reserve the right to retain £12 per workshop you’ve attended, and refund the balance
- We require five working days notice (via the contact form on this website) process a paypal refund
Drop me a line via the contact page if you have any questions. Operators are standing by.